Hey, I’m Yon. Welcome to Into The Metaverse! My mission is to help you understand what is the metaverse, how it will impact our lives, and what opportunities it unlocks. If you are a marketer, entrepreneur, investor or simply a curious professional, Into The Metaverse is for you. Subscribe (free) to get access to every letter and podcast show that I publish.
Roblox released their December 2022 Key Metrics -
- Daily active users (DAUs) were 61.5 million, up 18% year-over-year.
- Hours engaged were 4.7 billion, up 21% year-over-year.
- Estimated revenue was between $189 million and $199 million, a decline of between 1% - 6% year-over-year
- Estimated bookings were between $430 million and $439 million, up 17% - 20% year-over-year
- Estimated average bookings per daily active user (ABPDAU) were between $6.99 and $7.14, which represents a year-over-year change of -1% - +1%
As noted in a letter I wrote last year, Assessing Roblox in the Long Term, one of the five key pillars I always keep an eye on is Daily Active Users, and so it's promising to see that Roblox reached an all-time high number of Daily Active Users -> 61.5 million. Hours engaged were 4.7 billion which shows an ever growing usage by users, although worth keeping in mind the seasonal pickup during December.
Thank you for subscribing to Into The Metaverse. We grow when readers who appreciate our work spread the word.